Justice VR Krishna Iyer dies at 100


Former Supreme Court judge VR Krishna Iyer passed away on Thursday at the age of 100 in a private hospital in Kochi, Kerala. Iyer was suffering from kidney related problems and was admitted to the hospital on November 24. He died at around 3:30 pm on Thursday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi mourned Iyer's death. "My association with Justice Krishna Iyer was special. My mind goes back to our conversations & the insightful letters he would write to me... Whenever I would meet or talk to him, I would find him full of enthusiasm, always talking about the well-being of India. A remarkable man!.. May Justice Krishna Iyer's soul attain eternal peace. My thoughts are with his family during this moment of immense sadness," tweeted the PM.Senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani said, "He set the standard of the judicial of the country.. This is a serious loss." Iyer is often referred to as the man who "triggered Emergency". He was the sitting judge in Supreme Court when then prime minister Indira Gandhi proclaimed Emergency.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS A FIRM?

എങ്ങനെയാണ് ഒരു വിമാനം പറക്കുന്നത്?